Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Ender in Exile

Recently I was looking over a few blogs when I came across one that mentioned the Whitney Awards. I had personally never heard of them before and decided to discover which LDS authors had bean chosen as finalists. As I was scrolling through the books (many of which I didn't recognize the title, cover, or author) I found Ender in Exile. Now if you haven't read Ender's Game you should, it's amazing. Those of you who have read Ender's Game know how amazing it is, personally I have read the entire shadow series but never completed the Ender story (it's really confusing when you're in junior high). Naturally when I realized that this book had bean published without my knowledge I knew I had to have it, and proceeded to acquire a copy the very next day.

I recommend that before you read this book you read the shadow series, considering you acquire a knowledge of what happens to Bean as the story progresses.

Ender in Exile consists of the time that passes directly after the Bugger wars end. It tells the story of a young boy that tries to assimilate back into life being raised for the specific purpose of winning a war. I describes the weight he bears after destroying an entire civilization and how he tries to figure out why it was allowed. Orson Scott Card is a very experienced writer and is excellent at portraying the feelings of the character in a way that we connect on a personal level, so that when Ender feels the weight of the world we share that weight with him. I would suggest that you read Ender in Exile and see a world through Ender's eyes.

P.S.
Sorry I've taken so long in getting this post done I started it over a month ago and it's sat with my drafts since. I've bean slightly busy.

1 comment:

  1. Cool! I didn't know there was another one. I read Ender's game about 15 yrs. ago. Now I think I'll start again and read them all.

    ReplyDelete